Friday, April 03, 2009

Alaska News

Volcano News:
Yes, Mt. Redoubt is erupting, but it's 358 miles from Anchorage to Fairbanks, and then 113 more miles to the volcano. We're talking a LONG way away from where we are.

Here's a map of how far it is from Anchorage to Redoubt. (Remember it's 358 miles from Anchorage to me...):

Spring News:
It's April 3rd. It snowed yesterday, and the temperature is minus 6. I WANT Spring! I want birds, and butterflies and flowers, and GREEN!!!

Political News:
I will NOT spend much time on this one. As a general rule, I do not like political opinion articles.
However, I am unsurprised to discover that there were naughty shenanigans during Ted Stevens trial. I am disappointed, but not surprised. Apparently, his defense lawyers had very important information hidden from them by the prosecuting lawyers. Information that pretty much clears him. He made a bad decision when he started getting involved with the oil company VECO, but he did not take the bribes he was accused of taking. And now the lawyers who hid the information are being examined. Too bad all this wasn't cleared up before the election...

No comments: