Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Icky

Well, Abigail was sick yesterday. Very sick. 102.3 temp plus lethargy, not eating and wanting to go to bed. So, I cooled her off in a bath, gave her Tylenol and put her to bed.

Then she woke up at 11 pm screaming. I went in to her to find that she'd thrown up. I cleaned her and her bed up, and then she threw up again. After calling her doctor we wound up at the ER. Her pediatrician was concerned that she'd refused to drink anything, but by the time we actually saw the doctor at the ER she'd drunk half a glass of juice and was dancing around like a little wild thing.

Tuesday's grateful note: So, while I didn't get a chance to post about what I'm thankful for yesterday, today I find myself very grateful & thankful for a healthy and happy 2 year old. We've done the "hospital-for-a-week, plus IV thing" with Deborah and I'd rather never do that again. Thank you God that Abigail is feeling better and asking for apples today!

Monday's grateful note: And my bonus thankful item for yesterday would be our doctor. Thank you for a doctor who is on call 24 hours a day and willing to be woken up by a freaked out mommy.

No comments: