Friday, March 25, 2011

Words from Above

I heard this song on the radio today, and was reminded of the strength of God's love for His children. I admit, I have come to understand God's love in a new way since becoming a parent... Not that I didn't get it before, but, well, I'm not sure I did... It's easy for me to believe that God's love has an end- a place past which my actions will prevent Him from loving me. I need to be reminded that God's love has no end.

Times

by Tenth Avenue North

I hear you say "my love is over,

It's underneath, it's inside, it's in between

The times you doubt me, when you can't feel

The times that you've questioned 'Is this for real?'

The times you've broken, the times that you mend

The times you hate me and the times that you bend

Well my love is over, its underneath

It's inside, it's in between,

These times you're healing

And when your heart breaks

The times that you feel like you've fallen from grace

The times you're hurting

The times that you heal

The times you go hungry and are tempted to steal

In times of confusion and chaos and pain

I'm there in your sorrow under the weight of your shame

I'm there through your heartache

I'm there in the storm

My love, I will keep you by my power alone

I don't care where you've fallen, where you have been

I'll never forsake you

my love never ends, it never ends"

Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh

No comments: