Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Smiles

I forgot to do my Saturday Smiles last night! Yikes! I'm sorry.

Here are 5 things that make me smile:

1) I love books by Tamora Pierce. She writes Young Adult fantasy.
Fabulous stories- about characters who change and grow, who deal with real life, and have to work within impossible situations. I love her characters- strong girls, interesting guys, yucky villains.





Her newest series is about a character named Beka. (I love the name!) Beka Cooper is a rookie with the law-enforcing Provost's Guard, and she's been assigned to the Lower City. It's a tough beat that's about to get tougher, as Beka's limited ability to communicate with the dead clues her in to an underworld conspiracy. Someone close to Beka is using dark magic to profit from the Lower City's criminal enterprises—and the result is a crime wave the likes of which the Provost's Guard has never seen before. http://www.tamora-pierce.com/



2) Queen- Don't tell me if you don't enjoy Queen's music. I don't want to know.










3) Jim Henson's Muppets
They make me smile and laugh. Fun silliness. I loved them when I was growing up, and am delighted to discover they are still fun as an adult. The Muppet Show was one of the few shows that my mom would let us watch. Our television watching was pretty curtailed, which I agree with now, but hated back then. I love Beaker, Animal, Electric Mayhem, Kermit... Oh, yeah. Good stuff.

4) The funny website with kitty cats- http://icanhascheezburger.com/ Makes me laugh everytime I visit.

5) Butterflies

God uses butterflies to remind me of his love and power.
I'm constantly questioning Him about His purposes and plans. I have a tendency to doubt His goodness and love.
And He uses butterflies to remind me that He is all that is good, right, pure, lovely, loving, true, noble, and admirable. Without Him there would be no love or kindness in this world. This time and place would be an evil and lawless place. He is all that is holding the world together and keeping it from spinning into space.





No comments: