Thursday, June 18, 2009

My New Best Friend

Yup, I'm in a walking cast on my right foot.
For the next 6 weeks.
It stinks to be me.

I've had increasingly worse pain in my right ankle and I finally got to see an orthopaedic/sport doctor. (Had to wait forever to see one) And I've got acute Achilles tendinitis. And the only way to fix it is to not use my right Achilles tendon for at least 6 weeks. If I'm not good about leaving it on ALL the time, I'll have to wear a fiberglass one that I can't take off. Right now, I can take it off to shower and sleep. I'm definitely going to be a very good girl. Sometimes I think the walking cast is just as bad as the tendinitis... I can't imagine what the fiberglass one would be like, and I DON'T want to know.

The doctor said he sees this in the summer when all the hibernating Alaskans come out and decide to do crazy physical activity. I wanted to laugh at him. I couldn't walk for about three months at the end of last year and was in a wheel chair before I got in for surgery. And then two months later I had another surgery.
Duh. I couldn't do ANYTHING for a long time. And all I've been doing since summer hit is some light walking, bike-riding and Farmer's Market.
So my problem is more likely result of surgery-induced sitting-on-my-buttness, followed by getting excited because I COULD WALK!!!!

No comments: