Saturday, June 20, 2009

20 years

I went to my 20 year high school reunion last night and today. Wow. I can't believe it's been 20 years since I went to high school. Shocking.
(I graduated HS when I was 17, so that makes me 37 for those of you who are dying to know. ;)
I'm glad I went!
I had a nice dinner last night with friends I hadn't seen in 20 years. It's fun to see who has changed, who hasn't and who looks exactly the same... I got to see Debbi! ;) And meet her husband, Tom and her 2 kids. I was so happy to see them. The dinner last night was for adults only, but Debbi didn't have an alternative option for her kids. I'm guessing that her kids might have prevented some of the more alcoholic mayhem that could have occurred at such an event. Jake got to come with me, and we had a fun date-night.
Today, there was a picnic scheduled at Alaskaland/Pioneer Park. I'm glad I went, but this was a much more stressful event. A park trip with my ankle in a cast, a 3 year old and a 6 year old and without my husband is not my idea of a fun time. I'm glad Deborah is now at an age where she will cooperate. I pretty much had to just grab Abigail by the hand and drag her out. Poor kid. She'd already had her swimming lesson so by the time we were leaving the park, she was wasted.
I'm sure there is more I should say, but the biggest thing I wanted to say was that I'm glad I went. I was very nervous. As a hs loser/geeky gal, I wasn't sure I wanted to see most of 'those people'. But most of them seemed okay now. ;) Or maybe I'm a little more 'normal'. ;)

No comments: