Thursday, June 12, 2008

Crunchy!

I've got a thing for ice.
I can sit and crunch a whole tray of ice- like it's a snack...

Okay, I know you think I'm weird, but really, it's WONDERFUL!
I like to take the ice tray out of the freezer and let it sit on the table for about 20 minutes, let it get kinda rotten and a little bit soft.
I recently learned that ice-crunchers are typically anemic. Go figure. I already knew I tend to be anemic. (It's a side benefit of my endometriosis. I'm pretty much always low grade anemic.) I had no idea my ice crunching habit was related to my anemia.
Cool. You really can learn something new every day.
The best place in Fairbanks for really good ice is the hospital. They've got the ice machines that give you the tiny little ice cylinders (their ice is in the shape of a pencil and cut up into inch long pieces). As far as I'm concerned, that's one of the very few good reasons to be at the hospital. We learned about the fantastic ice when Abigail was born (the other good reason to be at the hospital). Now every time I have to go to the hospital (like when my mom had her knee surgery) I make sure to grab me a styrofoam cup of ice, sometimes with water.
Crunch, crunch, crunch...

No comments: