Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday Smiles

Here are 5 things that make me smile:

1) Flowers
Yup, I'm a girl. I like flowers. My favorites are wild flowers. I have so many wonderful memories of tramping with my dad in the woods. He was a botanist and always looking for a specific flower or plant so that he could photograph it or press it. I'm still pressing flowers... And wishing that I knew all the Latin names like me dad did.




2) Bead stores!

I love going into bead stores and poking around to see all the lovely goodies. I have some local favorites- Pristine's out on Peger and Marnie's place down-town. Of course, there's the ubiquitous Jo-Ann's and Michael's.

My favorite on-line bead store is Fire Mountain Gems. http://www.firemountaingems.com/ Their site is very user-friendly and intuitive. I can find what I need easily, and still enjoy looking for surprise treasures.


3) Third Day

I love their southern rock style and firm convictions. Talented musicians and and folks who have stuck out the music scene for a good long time.





4) My bead tools!

I honestly don't have any favorites I can name off the top of my head. Of course, there are other tools I could use, but I couldn't get by without my wire snippers, and my chain nose & round nose pliers.


5) Wire work

There is so much amazing wire jewelry out there! These are just some of the amazing pieces I've seen out there. The four pieces I've shown here are not my own, but wow, I think they are lovely. I have used them as inspiration, but hope never to exactly copy something I've seen.

No comments: