Friday, April 01, 2011

Saturday Smiles

Here are five things that make me smile:

1) Pizza!
Currently we are in love with Papa Murphy's take-it-and-bake-it pizza. I can pick it up any time during the day, and then cook it and have it hot and tasty very quickly.








2) The Cat "Ostrich" move
You know that thing cats do where they do a face plant right in front of themselves? Where it looks like they must be dead, or at least suffocating? That always makes me smile, if not laugh out loud.


3) Patricia Briggs books
I have not read a book by her that I haven't liked... She's written: Urban fantasy- werewolves & vampires; Medieval fantasy- gypsies with magical talents; Fantasy- dragons, sword-fights, spies and heroes. I like them all, but my favorites are the Urban Fantasies. http://www.patriciabriggs.com/





4) Singing on the worship team at church
I love to sing anywhere- give me a choir and I'm thrilled. Let me sing with a good band and I'll be in heaven for hours afterwards. I like singing folk, a cappella, Russian madrigals, grungy rock (although my voice is too bell-like & clear to be really great at the grunge rock thing). I love singing with other people and having all of our voices and instruments come together to make something amazing. However, singing for Jesus is even better. 'Cuz it's not about me. It's about making something beautiful for God. Lifting up His name, telling the world how awesome He is, and how much He has changed my life.

5) John Denver music
Again, I grew up primarily listening to my mom's music- western and folk music. So, I grew up listening to John Denver. A lot. And he's one of the comfort cross-overs- I mean he's one of the ones I grew up listening to that I like... Listening to his songs makes me think of Oregon and California, camping and hiking with my dad.

No comments: