Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Weirdest Thing About Me

I suspect that there are many other things about me and my life that other people would consider much stranger than this- However, it seems to me that the weirdest thing about me is my left foot. I have the unique hereditary feature of the Emery family.
All of us Emery's have an enormous bunyan on our left foot and NONE on our right foot. I've got a picture of my Dad's family where they are all showing off their feet. Odd to see five long slender normal right feet and five oddly shaped (yes, you could even call them deformed) left feet...
I can also hiccup so high and loud it hurts people, but that doesn't seem weird- seems more like torture. I remember traveling once in the Company van and getting the hiccups... They wouldn't stop. And after a while they start hurting. Bad. I've got really powerful, loud and high-pitched hiccups. (I'm a high soprano who used to be able to hit A's & B's above the staff without working too hard.) I remember Eric saying, 'Please. Can't you make them stop? Please?!' So, they weren't just hurting me. They were hurting the people who had to hear them, too...

No comments: