Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Deborah's Spring Machine

Deborah was very busy today after dinner, drawing, cutting and coloring. She showed me a few pictures (she's become quite the artist and we have a wonderful gallery of her work), but then she got really busy and kind of disappeared for a while.
Finally, she brought this to me and informed me that it is a 'Spring Machine'. You have to turn the dials and it will make Winter go away, and Spring come.
She also told me, "This is only a picture. You need to go to the store to buy one, but now you know what it looks like. And it's called a Spring Machine." She wants me to go buy one now...
Wish I could!!! We're all quite tired of Winter!
We took some of our tax refund this year and bought bikes and helmets for all of us. Deborah is EXTREMELY excited to learn how to ride a bike. So am I! Oddly enough, we never lived anyplace I could learn to ride one. I tried at my Morman cousins' house once, but got all freaked out. So, Jake decided to get me an adult tricycle! Whoo-hoo! I look like a little old granny, but I'm delighted. 36 is way too old to be learning to ride a bike- at least as far as I'm concerned. I never learned to roller skate, ice skate, skateboard, or ride a bike. Pretty pathetic, huh? Oh, well. I don't think 36 is too old to be learning how to ride a trike! Tee-hee.
Anyway, all four of us have been very intensely waiting for the snow and ice to melt and for it to warm up enough to go for a ride! As far as I'm concerned, 30's don't cut it. I want it to be at least 50. Plus, the ice would make it pretty darn slippery for the poor guy who has to run beside Deborah as she learns to ride her bike (and the poor guy will probably be her Daddy).
Winter, Go Away! And don't come back til at least October!

No comments: