Friday, April 25, 2008

Facebook Addict

I've been spending way too much time on Facebook... I'm really enjoying the games right now, and I'm kind of allowing myself to wallow in it since I know it will end soon.
I know that when summer gets going (Farmer's Market opens, preschool ends, outdoor fun...) I'll be way too busy to all that much on-line.
I've got several games or applications on Facebook that I enjoy:
-I have a fighting bunny. Yes, this is weird. My favorite part of this game is choosing the weapons she carries into her battles. My girls love my bunny! ;) I've been slowly upgrading her weapons to achieve the perfect combo of stylishness and power. I love making sure she looks good while she's defeating other bunnies...
-I have a superhero. Yes, this is also weird. However, I LOVE the weapons I get to choose from on here- everything from Gleek (remember the Wonder Twins? Form of a bucket of water? Form of a yellow goldfish? Well, Gleek was their monkey sidekick.) to the Tardis from "Doctor Who" to a lightsaber... I have a specific goal in mind with this game: to become Wonder Woman! I've been slowly moving up the hero list- I started as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, moved up to The Punisher and right now I'm Daredevil. I like the weapons, and I'll probably have fun with them, but right now I just want to be Wonder Woman! (a childhood fantasy soon to be realized) Which is kinda funny 'cuz we didn't have a tv during the time the show ran- I knew her from the carton 'Justice League'.
-I have a racing car. This one's silly and I probably won't miss it all that much this Summer, but it is fun to choose my perfect car.
-I have a virtual pet!!! I love this! I have a little long-haired orange Tabby named Marmalade. I can feed her, play with her and train her to do things- right now she can use the litter tray and a scratching post (wish my real cat would use one!).
-I've discovered & become addicted to a couple games. Text Twirl is the first: You're given 2 minutes and a set of letters that forms a word, and you're trying to figure out the word that uses all the letters while trying to find all the words that can be made out of that specific group of letters. I'm an addict. I'm also getting good at it. World Traveler IQ is the second: You're given the challenge of trying to find a bunch of places on a world map- the other variations include a North American Challenge, a European Challenge, a US Challenge, etc.. I'm surprised by all the places I know and all the places I don't! Beth & I took Geography together in college to fill up a requirement, and we both remember a lot. It's fun to try and pull stuff back from that long ago...

Anyway, I'm gonna enjoy the time I have on Facebook right now, 'cuz there's no way this new addiction can last at the level I'm maintaining right now. When I get going gung ho on my beading and am also chasing after 2 kids during the summer break I don't know when I'll be able to get on line.
The funniest thing to me right now is that my husband has a MySpace, My Yearbook and a Facebook account... He seems to go through interests like some people go through clothes. He lasts about 3 -6 months and then he's ready to do something else. I'm glad he doesn't feel that way about me!

1 comment:

starlagurl said...

Hey Becca! Glad you like our game. You can chat about strategy and compare scores with other Traveler IQ addicts in our travel forums

Louise Brown
TravelPod Community Manager