Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tiger (in window)


This is my favorite painting of mine-
It's of my cat, Tiger.
I've painted many things now, but my favorite subjects are cats...
I took a drawing class in college and my favorite subject back then was cats, too. Don't know why... I wanted my drawings to be so that you could feel their fur and watch them breath... so that you would expect them to turn around and look at you- not hyper-realism, that's not what I wanted... Just to get the feeling of the cat's movements and smoothness...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, this may sound like pretentious artist talk, but I really mean it...

I love the feeling of depth. I want to see what is through the window. I wait to see if the cat will jump or bat at the light with a paw. I think the light does that...

What is it painted on? Wood?

No kidding. Really like it.

becca said...

Thank you.
This is my special kitty, Tiger, who was an answer to prayer. I miss her- She died about 6 years ago...
I painted this on a chunk of wood we got at the dump. :)
Dumpster diving is a major sport in Fairbanks- pretty much everybody takes a peek when they drop their trash off at the transfer site...