Sunday, December 03, 2006

FLOT Christmas Rehearsal

Jake enjoyed the rehearsal today!!! He's been threatening to quit our performance- (2 weeks before performance date, I might add.) He HATES the choreography. In fact, I could say that again- He HATES the choreography. He's never done choreography before, has a really hard time learning it and remembering it, and he didn't really know what he was getting into when he started this. I didn't realize how much choreography there would be, or how many choral numbers would be involved in this performance, but I enjoy good choreography. I like learning it and doing it, and it's all just chopped suey to him- an aggravating mess that is impossible for him to retain. He's working so hard, and making his brain and his body retain the information while singing at the same time has just been beyond him, up until tonight. I'm proud of him for sticking it out.

Anyway, he had a really good time tonight and is looking forward to doing some more. I don't know if it just clicked tonight, or if he enjoyed the people, or just what happened, but I'm glad! ;)
When he has a good time, I do, too. And when he has a bad time, it's a lot harder for me to enjoy the rehearsal... And I do enjoy them, very much. So, Yay! And thank you, God!

No comments: