Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Smiles

On Saturdays I post about something that has made me smile this past week.
*****

This week I have been thinking about the fabulous Lori Anderson of Pretty Things.  She hosts a mega-awesome event called the Bead Soup Blog Party.  This is the fourth time I have had the pleasure of participating in her party, and I love it!!!



She pairs you up with another beader, and you trade bead soup!  Oh, the fear and trepidation!  I've had fabulous soup partners, and one so-so soup partner.  But it is always fun.  The challenge is to create something wonderful with what you receive.  Every time I've done this it has been a big challenge.  I end up with materials I never would have imagined using, and then have to figure out how to use them...  I don't have to use all the beads my partner sends, but I do have to use the focal and the clasp.

So far, I have been lucky/blessed to receive beautiful beads, just nothing I would have chosen for myself.  Last time, I made this necklace after receiving amazing art beads from Sharon Driscoll at Right Turn Art Werks:

The time before that I was paired up with Pamela Petry who sent me the cutest birdie pendant.  And I made this necklace:



This time there are 400 beaders involved in Lori's party!  Isn't that crazy???  There are so many that Lori divided our reveal dates up so that everyone who wanted to could participate.  I am in the very last group, so my reveal date isn't until August 25th.  I am so excited!

As soon as I receive my beads from my newest partner, I will let you all in on the surprise...  It's so hard to wait....

No comments: