Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday Smiles & Sorrow

I am praying for those affected by the Colorado tragedy last night.  Shocked & horrified, and deeply saddened.  May the Lord bless you and keep you.


On Saturdays I post about a couple of things that have made me smile during the last week.
*****

1) I'm having fun creating!
I'm making fun new things, and really enjoying myself.  Sometimes, I get in the habit of just 'getting it done', and not taking time to play.  I feel like I've stepped back and refocused over the last week.  Maybe I've finally got enough energy, or my foot is hurting as bad...  I don't know.  Whatever has caused it, something has shifted and I'm having fun creating jewelry again.


2) My girls are learning to ride bikes-
I bet that sounds like a normal thing to you, but I never did learn how to ride a bike.  We never lived where I could ride one, and I wasn't terribly interested.  By the time I was maybe interested in learning I was more terrified of getting hurt. Now I have a big tricycle that I putter around on, and I like that.
Deborah wasn't really interested in learning until this summer.  She worked hard and now she has it solid.  Abigail is about 75% of the way there, and wants desperately to keep up with her big sister.  It's fun watching them master something and gain confidence.

3) We are celebrating our 5th summer at Farmer's Market!
I can't believe how long we've been there!  We started in July of 2007, and we are kind of 'old hats' at the whole Farmer's Market business thing.  Lately, we've had people ask us for advice.  It's weird.  I don't feel like I've been around long enough to be an authority on the subject.  We still have days when we don't sell much.  We still have pieces we are not happy with and end up tearing apart after they've been on the table for a month.  I still get annoyed at the ridiculousness of some of our fellow vendors and crazy customers.  But I am enjoying the comfort level we are experiencing this year.

2 comments:

Kathy ~ Artful Accents said...

Congrats on your success at the Farmer's Market!

I learned how to ride a bike, and loved it when I was young. But now I can't ride b/c of a bad back. I keep saying that I need to find a bike that would support my back. I'm too scared to try it though!

becca said...

Thank you! =)