Sunday, February 03, 2008

Cats


I enjoy the musical Cats quite a bit... I could probably watch it once a year. I enjoy the music and the dancing- I've seen it live and enjoyed it more than most of Webber's musicals. For one thing, I like cats and enjoyed watching these amazing dancers take on the strong character & motion of them. For another, I like Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats...
However, my girls have recently discovered the Cats movie. And they LOVE it. They want to watch it at least once every day, and most days they want to watch it twice... It inspires them to dance, laugh and sing. They'll watch part of a song and then start dancing, and then watch some more and then dance some more. It's as fun to watch them as it is to watch the movie action...
As much as I enjoy the music and the girls' dancing, I do NOT want to watch it or listen to it twice a day! The songs are playing over and over and over in my mind... Last night I couldn't get to sleep for hearing: 'Bustifer Jones is not skin and bones, in fact he's remarkably fat'... and 'oh, well, there never was there ever a cat so clever as magical Mister Mistofoles'...
Aaaah! Webber's music really sticks in your head!

1 comment:

What Would Jesus Glue? said...

Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat is of the devil!