Saturday, December 15, 2007

Allergic to Cats

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if that thing is cats."

Quoted from Horseradish: Bitter truths you can’t avoid by Lemony Snicket


This is particularly funny to me since I'm terribly, terribly, horribly allergic to cats and I live in a household with three of them...

Plus, because of our living situation and the cat angst in the aforementioned household, my cat has to spend the night in our bedroom. Even though my Ear, Nose, Throat & Allergy doctor has said, "Don't let your cat into your bedroom. Ever." If she doesn't spend the night in our bedroom she ends up with horrible scratches on her face or eyes and then we have to take her to the vet. I don't know which is worse- her physical wounds, or my asthma and colds all winter...

1 comment:

Susan Stevenson said...

I am terribly allergic to cats too, and I own one too. I let her sleep with me, even though I wake up with itchy eyes or having a mild asthma attack. I've grown tolerant to her dander, so it's not as bad as the reaction I get to strange cats. Mostly I have to remember to never, ever touch my face after I've been petting her! Of course I can't resist snuggling her next to my face either, but watery eyes and itchiness are worth it for soft cuddles.