Thursday, February 15, 2007

Painting

I'd literally never painted before the class I took with my sister the winter before I had Abigail... I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I've always/always/always done music stuff or drama stuff. I wrote, but that was more like an obsession... something I almost didn't have a choice about. Drama was a joy, and music was just who I was.

I'm not the greatest painter. I never will be. It doesn't drive me like it drives my sister. She obsesses about her paintings and thinks they're terrible or trashes them... I enjoy painting. A lot. But right now with a one year old I have no time for it and no space I can leave stuff out and grab 15 or 20 minutes a day... So, probably won't get to do it again until Abigail is in pre-school, too. This is okay. Disappointing, but okay. Which means I'll never be a fantastic painter, 'cuz it would drive me more...

Although, my father didn't really get to paint until he retired around 70. I should share some of his stuff, 'cuz some of it's really fantastic. Some is weird and bad, but some of it is honestly good. It's amazing what he did in the time he had....

No comments: