Thursday, November 02, 2006

Allergies

So, we finally did an allergy test on Abigail to pinpoint the stuff she really is allergic to... And she's allergic to NOTHING. Randomly weird. The doctor said that means she probably has food "sensitivities". Lovely. We were looking for some answers and really feel like we got nowhere. He also said that this could make stuff more difficult to pin down, and that sensitivities might eventually turn into allergies or they could just go away... How very frustrating! The sensitivities thing could mean that her body lacks the enzymes to digest something (like lactose intolerence) or it could mean it just sets the balance of her digestive system off. Well, I'm more willing to just let her try new stuff now. We'll still have to go slow, but not as crazy slow as we've been going. And I'm not freaked out about the major things- wheat, eggs, peanuts... I spend a ridiculous amount of time thinking about food, and feeding my family- a major portion of my day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks... Planning, preparing, eating... I really don't want to feed my kids stuff that makes them sick...

No comments: