Sunday, March 11, 2012

Saturday Smiles

For the Bead Soup Blog Part post, go HERE.
*****
On Saturday I normally try and post a couple of things that have made me smile during the last week.
We've had an amazing week as far as seeing God's provision for us. We haven't had a nice car in a while. My husband tends to buy beaters, and then we run them into the ground. Our last car has been the worst... We called her Nikita because she obviously had a checkered past. Nikita has finally died, and when our mechanic told us what would be involved in fixing her, we realized it wasn't worth it this time around.
So, meet Sandy (as my girls have dubbed our new car). Sandy is a 2003 Toyota Corolla and a dream to drive. She came equipped with an auto start, so I can turn her engine on from inside the house and wait for her to warm up a bit in the cold weather. She drives smoothly, her engine is clean and she has a lot of room in the trunk and in the back seat. We're hoping she lasts a good long time.

The other thing I'm smiling about this week is Season 6 of Supernatural. We're currently watching it on DVD, and I'm so glad the show is not over! I honestly thought it would be after last season, with the death of one of the main characters. But Sam's back from hell and an angel civil war is proceeding apace. I enjoy the black humor of this horror-monster road-trip urban-legend show. I would have been very sad to see it over.



Also, I've been beading lately! Another reason to smile. I really haven't had the energy for much creative activity, but it's coming back. Slowly to be sure. But it's coming back.

No comments: