Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Having it All

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for. "

~Epicurus ~

Have I been wishing for more??? Yes.
Have I been satisfied with what I have??? No.
Is everything I have actually MINE??? No.

Everything I own or think I own is NOT mine.
My home, my car, my money, my books, my computer, my blog, my jewelry, my voice, my body, my mind, my girls, my cat, my husband... NOT mine.

It is all a gift, from the one one who only gives good things... The Father of Lights, who is not shifting like sand... Who stands firm for all eternity...

God's home, God's car, God's money, God's books, God's computer, God's blog, God's jewelry, God's voice, God's body, God's mind, God's girls, God's cat, God's husband. NOT mine.

I want to be satisfied with what I have, where I am, who I am... Knowing that I will grow & change, and that only two things are constant-
1.) God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
2.) And that everything will change...

No comments: