Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Fever!

My girls have been sick for the last two days- a high fever and a nasty cough. Blech.

Poor Abigail fell asleep on the couch around 4, so I just let her sleep. But when she woke up, she had a crazy HIGH fever. We couldn't get her to keep the thermometer in her mouth long enough to be sure, but what we could get was at least 103.4, which is pretty bad. ER trip bad...

I got tylenol in her, got her to drink water and eat a popsicle, then I ran to the Museum to pick up Jake from work. (My mom watches the girls every day, while I go get him.) By the time I got back, her temp was down to 101.4. Much better.

So, she's been pretty pathetic this evening, but finally got calmed down and went to sleep...

I hate REALLY high fevers. Abigail seems to do this at least once a year. We made an ER visit for her last year around February... She was pathetic until right before the doctor saw her... We got a popsicle and Tylenol in her and then she started dancing and wiggling around the room at the ER. We felt so silly for bringing her, but the nurses and doctors all assured us they'd rather we just bring her in and have no problem than keep her at home and it get worse.

However, I'm glad we didn't have to do an ER trip this time! Especially since we just did the Urgent Care visit for the rock up her nose!

No comments: