Monday, August 27, 2007

My Cat- Luna


Luna was born in early 2000, sometime around February. She's about 7 1/2 years old.
I went to the animal shelter in Seattle soon after arriving there and spent about an hour in the cat room. There were so many beautiful cats! I had a very hard time making a choice. I had really wanted two cats, and I was hoping to take home some sisters or perhaps two cats that had been brought in together. However, the only cats that had come in together were VERY sick, and I just didn't have the money to provide the health care they were going to need. Also, I didn't want to take home kittens 'cuz I knew they would find homes much easier.
I prayed and prayed that God would help me make a choice- I wanted to take them ALL home! I finally chose Luna because every time I walked by her she would put her paw out through the cage trying to touch me. When I'd let her touch me, she'd just pat at my leg and meow. She wanted a person to take her out of that cage!
The most frustrating thing about Luna is her dependance- She HATES to be left alone, and she cries and cries and cries when I leave. She also has a fit when her food bowl is empty. Not that she eats it immediately when I fill it. She just wants to know that there's food for her when she wants it. I do not know this for sure, but I believe she was abandoned- Her behavior indicates a fear of being left alone and of running out of food...
Lately the only time she seems to be happy is sitting on my lap at the computer- the girls don't harrass her and I pet her and adore her, as is fitting for a cat of her beauty. I'm truly amazed at how patient she is with the girls. They almost lay on top of her and she lets them!

No comments: