Friday, July 13, 2007

God is LIGHT

“God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all.” 1 John 1:5
I can hardly wait to tell you what that statement means to me. God has no dark side. Hear that! Absorb it to your marrow! No matter how many theological questions remain unanswered to you, of this you can be sure: God has no dark side at all!! You see, that’s why He can purify all of us no matter how dark our sides have been. He is utterly, perfectly pure. Oh, don’t you just want to stop right now and tell Him how much you love Him? Do you see that His total lack of darkness is also why you can trust Him? He is incapable of having an impure motive where you are concerned.

Quoted from The Beloved Disciple by Beth Moore
*****
I'd never thought of it like that. Yes, I know I can trust God's intentions towards me, but I don't always... Sometimes, a frustrating/annoying/scared little part of me thinks that God really is putting me through something just to "see what'll happen". I KNOW that's not true, but part of me tends to not trust His motives. I wish I did. I KNOW better. My unbelief in His goodness and love hinders my ability to grow in Him, and hinders His ability to work in my life. But I still don't trust Him fully... But, I do trust Him more than I did 5 years ago. And I trust Him more than I did 10 years ago. So, I know I'm growing. But growing hurts sometimes...

No comments: