Thursday, June 28, 2007

Waiting

Psalm 46:10 tells us what to do when we’re not sure where we fit in God’s action plan. The psalm says, “Cease striving and know that I am God” (NASB
Yep. Be still and know it ourselves. Don’t default into our past. Don’t jump the gun for our future. Just behold and know. Instructions will come when the time is right. In the meantime, being is so much harder than doing, isn’t it? Thankfully, Jesus knew where to find His disciples anyway and He interrupted their doing with his own being. John seemed to have a better grasp of what Christ had come to be than any of the others at this point. John is only attributed four words in this scene: “It is the Lord.” Oh, that you and I would come to recognize what is the Lord and what is not.


Quoted from The Beloved Disciple by Beth Moore

Beth is talking after Jesus' crucifixion- when the disciples don't know what to do with themselves so they go back to fishing. That they were out fishing when maybe they should've just been waiting for Him.
I wish I knew when 'it is the Lord', and not just circumstances, and not just my own wishes... I want to recognize His will and follow it immediately. The first step to 'finding' it is being quiet and waiting. So hard! I'm not a 'waiter'. I'm a go-out-and-do-something kind of person... Even if the thing I'm doing is just gardening or reading... Which means I'm not often quiet and still enough to hear His voice.

God, I want to know when it's you!!! Please help me find time to be still and quiet and wait for you. Please reveal yourself anew to me.

No comments: