Sunday, March 31, 2013

Saturday (or Sunday) Smiles

On Saturday I share a couple of things that have made me smile over the last week.  This week I'm late, so I guess this is really a Sunday Smile post. =)
*****

1) Easter Egg Hunt 
Yesterday the girls and I, with a couple of neighborhood friends, spent the morning at church.  We had so much fun!  Our church puts together a large community event on the day before Easter.  We have egg hunts for each grade and other fun activities.  Deborah and Abigail each invited a friend, and I got to help out.
BONUS: I was expecting to hang out with Abigail because she is normally a clingy 7 year old.  This year she confidently played on her own and only required my presence for a couple of minutes!


When I read about this event I knew we had to go!  I wanted to meet the owls, and do the activities so much, while my girls weren't interested at all.  I decided to go with or without them, and they changed their mind at the last minute.  And they both ended up having a blast.  They were thrilled when we got there and had a lot of fun.
They dissected owl pellets. Abigail found a whole skull- bottom jaw and everything! (Deborah was actually kind of grossed out by this activity.)



They made the cutest little pine cone owls.


And they got to meet the most amazing owls.

This is Earl- He is a Great Grey Owl.

This is Gandalf.  He is a Great Horned Owl.

3) Our new scanner
Jake has wanted a photography scanner for a long time.  We finally took the plunge and found a high-tech/specialty one that allows him to scan his negatives and then turn them into prints. 
Here are a couple of the negatives he's scanned and turned into photos.




I love his photography- it has an interesting and stark architectural quality.  

No comments: