Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday Smiles

On Saturdays I share a couple of things that have made me smile over the last week.
I missed last Saturday, though!  It wasn't until Monday came around that I even realized I had missed it.  With Easter and some of the family stuff going on here, my blog totally got dropped.  I am sorry!  I don't often miss my Saturday posts, and I was disappointed I missed it.  At least I remembered this week. =)
*****

1) Yummy brownies!
Some of the left-overs

I made 100 butterscotch brownies today for a parenting class we're doing at church.  About 50 people are involved, and I'm delighted I actually got them all made!  People liked them, and they were eaten.
Bonus: There were leftovers, so we'll have brownies for a couple of days.

2) The Counselor for my girls
Both of my girls have dealt with some big issues over the last year:
My Abigail has dealt with some SERIOUS fears for a while.  She is terrified to be alone, and always wants to know where I am at all times.  She won't go to the bathroom by herself, and this has gotten to be a pretty big deal at school.  She's seven, so it's still in the acceptable range, but she doesn't seem to be getting any better.
My Deborah has struggled with some anger issues that have felt overwhelming to her and us.  We didn't seem to be able to help her no matter what we tried.
A friend recommended a good counselor (Thank you, Carina!) and we have visited her about four times.
I am seeing a difference in both of them, and I can see they are happier.  I'm praying for even bigger changes, but both of these issues have built up over a long period of time and I know that change doesn't come easily or quickly.

3) Date Night and Date Lunch

This last week I got to have two dates with my fella!  Pretty cool.  We don't often get time alone with the way our lives work.  And we miss those times alone.  I love the fact that we still have stuff to talk about and stories to share.  I married my best friend, and I get to do life with him.  I feel blessed.  (Of course, I'm extra-special blessed 'cuz I have TWO best friends- my sister, and my husband!)

No comments: