Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Smiles

On Saturday I post about a couple of things that have made me smile over the last week.
*****

1) Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party
I signed up!!!  Yay!  Lori's Bead Soup Blog Parties are so amazing that there is even a book about them. =)  I am so excited.  I love doing blog hops.  (And Lori's are the best, in my opinion.)  Love them!  They are a good opportunity to see what everyone else is doing out there in the world of handmade jewelry.  I love getting to meet other bloggers, and develop new friends.  I love the challenge of creating something out of pieces I didn't choose.  It's HARD! And fun.
Blog hops are definitely worth the effort and I hope I get to be involved in more than just one this year.  (Although if I only get to be in one, this is the one I'd want!)


2) Lian Tanner's Keeper's Trilogy
I gulped this trilogy down so quickly!  and was amazingly disappointed when I finished it and it was over.  I loved the characters, adventure & magic of the stories.  I found fascinatingly mature reader ideas behind so much of the story- overprotecting children to the point of paralysis, experience is the best teacher, the paralysis of fear holding captives... There is a really fun interview with Tanner about the first book HERE:


3) Painting
I'm painting in a group/class again, and I'm loving it!  I've only gone twice, but the best part of this is that we pray before we paint, chat about life, listen to cool music and have fun.  The teacher is Vicki Salmon, and we are holding the class at our church, but there are students from all over the area.  Some of the other painters go to church with me and I'm getting to know them in a casual environment (always the best way to get to know people), and it's pretty awesome!  I don't have a finished product yet, or I'd share.  I will share when my first piece is complete.  I'm finding little time to paint at home, so it will take longer to complete my work.
Here's a link to some of Vicki's work.  I think my favorite is the one of Jesus portrayed as an Athabascan with nail scars in His hands titled "Come to Me".

No comments: