Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday Smiles

On Saturdays I share a couple of things that have made me smile over the last week.
*****

1) Beading!
I've been beading and experimenting with some different styles.  And having fun!  Here's another couple of new pieces I have made over the last week.


I fought with the pendant/dangle on this chain necklace for so long!
I could not get it to behave...  It kept twisting and turning and behaving badly.


I like the result, but somehow it doesn't look like what I had in mind.  I'll probably give it a couple weeks of rest and then go back and see how I can change it to look like what I saw in my head.



Earrings to match.

Even while I was fighting with the beads and cursing them, I was still having fun!  And that is a very good thing.

2) Only 9 days left of school!
I am so looking forward to summer this year.  It feels like the winter has been never-ending.  

3) The snow is MELTING!!
We've had a VERY late spring here in Fairbanks, Alaska, and everybody is so tired of snow.  Here's a picture of the playground from two days ago.


The snow has normally been melted for about a month by now.  We're all VERY frustrated with the never-ending winter...  But the temperature outside right now is 38F and is expected to be in the 40's tomorrow.  Which is snow melting weather! HALLELUJAH!!!

No comments: