Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Headache

oh, my.  I have such a bad headache today.  It makes it so hard to do anything.

I didn't know I got "migraines" until my doctor diagnosed them.  I have always gotten very bad headaches, ones that made my stomach cramp and made it impossible to look at light.  However, I thought that with migraines you would see auras, or funny images on my eyelids... My doctor told me that the headaches I get once or twice a month are classified as migraines.  I forget why or what criteria classified them as migraines.

When I get one of these headaches the only thing that makes it go away is sleeping.  And sometimes I keep it for a couple days even if I do sleep.  Light hurts.  Fragrances double the pain.  My neck and shoulders ache.  I can't see- Sometimes everything looks fuzzy.  I'm so crabby and touchy...  I hate this!

It makes it so hard to be a good mom, a good wife...
It makes me selfish and mean.
It makes me miss out on life.

My doctor gave me a pill I can take, but it knocks me out.  And then I really miss out.  Plus, my kids have appointments, I have work...  Most of the time I call in sick when this happens, but my students really need me this week.

I wish today was over.

God, thank you for my job!  Thank you for my doctor.  Thank you for my family.  Thank you for sunglasses.  Thank you for taking care of me.

No comments: