Sunday, October 21, 2012

Saturday/Sunday Smiles

Oops!  Totally missed my Saturday Smiles yesterday. 

Beth & I did our first Holiday bazaar, and I was completely knee-deep in prep Friday night.  I got something like 3 hours of sleep, then we woke up at the crack of dawn to dash to Monroe High School (actually very little dashing was going on due to the icy roads).  We set up, I spent a couple of hours with Beth, then went to rehearsal (hee-hee!  I love saying 'rehearsal'!), then I went back to Beth and we cleaned up.

We sold three things the entire day...  Pretty stinky.  We didn't think about the fact that this year all the construction has been right in front of Monroe on Illinois St...  So nobody could just drive-by and see their big sign.  And very few people could figure out how to get there.  And very few people came to the bazaar.  One of my bazaar friends also told me that the News Miner article had the wrong date and times....  All in all a very depressing day. 

Anyway, we got home and crashed.  I fell asleep on the couch, ate dinner, and then fell back asleep on the couch.  My awesome husband made dinner.  Bless the man!
*****

So, a little late, but still ready to go!  I offer up a couple of things that have made me smile this week:

1) Jake- My husband!
He has responded with enthusiasm and delight to the fact that I'm in a play, Charlotte's Web. =)  He knows how much I'm going to be gone the next several weeks, and he has been incredibly pleased for me.  Bless the man!



2) Rehearsals!
I've been at two rehearsals this week for Charlotte's Web!  I'm a wacky nut, but I love rehearsals. I've always liked the process of preparing for the big performance as much as the performance itself.  I'm delighted with the cast the director has put together.  And after the first two rehearsals, I can say with pleasure that I'm delighted with this director.  What an honor to be working with this cast and crew!  I'm smiling just thinking about all the work we're going to get to do together.

No comments: