Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Smiles

On Saturdays I post a couple of things that have made me smile over the last week.
*****
1.) My Tread-Mill
I bought a fabulous spiffy Bowflex tread-mill from a friend who is moving out of state this summer. At first I used it regularly, but over Spring break I got out of the habit because I was watching the girls and because I got really sick.
I'm back in the habit again! I'm walking every day!
I feel so much better when I'm walking/moving every day. I hate it when I get out of the habit!


2.) Red Beans & Rice
I have finally mastered this dish!
Church friends were bringing us food after my surgery in December, and I was how much I like this simple dish. I tried a couple of times to get it right, but just couldn't make it happen. I finally broke the code! Everybody likes it, even Deborah (and she's a tough one to please)!


3.) Home-made Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
Yup. I made them. They were delicious, and now they are gone.


4.) Reading Anne of Green Gables with my girls
Deborah and Abigail chose to check-out the movie from the library, and then I caught Deborah struggling to read it. She's 8 and a very precocious reader; however, Anne's love of big words was making it a challenge. I didn't want her to give up!. I wanted to share my love for Anne with them, and I'm delighted to report that Deborah LOVES it, and Abigail is enjoying it. (She has to be too still while I read to adore it, but she is having fun.)

3 comments:

Lori Anderson said...

Red beans and rice! Comfort food, yum!

Stephanie said...

Of course you know, but we love Red Beans & Rice too! :) Glad your family has found a new dish to enjoy.

becca said...

Lori-
You are so right! Not something I would have thought of as comforting, but the more we have it, the more we all find it comforting.

Stephanie-
You are awesome! I'm delighted to have learned from you. Thank you for sharing with us.