Saturday, April 07, 2012

Saturday Smiles

On Saturday I write about a couple of things that have made me smile this week.
*****

1.) Spring Break-Up!
Our driveway is a mess and I love it! The snow is melting during the day as the temperatures approach 48 & 50 F. And then re-freezing at night as the temps dip down below 33 F.
All the snow is dirty as it melts and reveals all the nastiness hidden by the crisp white snow.
And I LOVE it! The dirtier it looks, the happier I am. I like summer better, but Spring Break-Up is my next favorite Alaskan season.


2.) Farmer's Market is about a month away!
I am busy getting stuff ready, working on some collage style necklaces every night. Our Spring meeting is next week, and I'm looking forward to seeing my FM friends again.


3.) Law & Order: Criminal Intent
That's what I've been watching in the evening as I'm beading. And I like it. It didn't just smack me in the forehead like some other shows I adore (Firefly, Supernatural,etc.), but it has grown on me. I'm interested in the two main characters, and I find the stories compelling. Some of them are old-fashioned who-dunn-it style, even Holmes-ian style mysteries, but most of them are more about figuring out how to catch the guy who did it. I'm enjoying them.

No comments: