Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BONUS Fun Day!- My Garden Bracelet

Yesterday was the Bead Star submission date, so I ran around like CRAZY. Trying to get my pics taken before metal-smithing and while the sun was shining.

I didn't want to wait til after class, 'cuz of the time difference. Alaska time is an hour after Pacific coast time, and I wasn't sure when they'd shut down the entries.
So, I've got extra photos of the work I've been doing, and I wanted to share!!!
I made this bracelet about a month ago. I love the way the seed beads wind around the rose quartz and the center frame. I fought with that strand of seed beads! It would not do what I wanted it to do at first, but I finally won the battle.
I think my favorite bit is the butterfly charm
It's hard to see, but there's also a strand of fluorite with with the strand of green pearls.
I'm calling this one 'My Garden', because it reminds me of soft pink flowers and fluttering butterflies.

No comments: