Friday, September 25, 2009

Abigail's Prayer

We always have a family prayer time before we hug and kiss the girls good night. The girls each say a prayer, and then Jake & I each pray as well.
About a month ago, Abigail prayed a simple prayer... It was incredibly powerful, though.

She started out being silly, but we've taken it and we've expanded on it.

She said this, "Thank you God for loving me, and loving me, and loving me, and loving me, and loving me, and loving me, and loving me and loving me. Jesus, God, amen."

We've talked about the fact that what she said is true...
We will never know the end of God's love.
We can't imagine how truly big His heart is.
We can't run out of His love.
We can't run away from His love.
His love will never run out.
His love will never leave us.
His love will never go away.










Her simple prayer echoes these verses:

Romans 8:38-39 (New International Version)
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Ephesians 4:17-19 (New International Version)
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


1 John 3:1 (New International Version)
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

No comments: