Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Health stuff

I'm thinking about changing the title of my blog... I've spent so much time this last year writing on our health problems, I think I should change it from 'God's Artist in Resident' to 'The Sirevaag's Health Problems'. Don't you? ;)
Okay, I'm kidding, but seriously now, I'm tired of talking about health issues.
It doesn't mean we're all better. I'm just tired of the health drama.
Anyway:

Update on Jake
He's working a full schedule! Yay!
He's still tired a lot, but he's functioning pretty good. He's still on a VERY low fat diet (only 50 or less grams a day, which is VERY low. A guy his height should be on 75-ish). I just read more about fatty liver disease, and it's a big deal, but he's going to be okay.

Update on Girls
Both of them are currently healthy! Yay!
They've LOVED school this week and are getting along very well.

Update on Rebecca
Okay, here's the bad news. I've been having some pain and problems (thought I had a urinary tract infection, but I don't...) So I saw my OB/GYN, had an ultrasound, and I'm in endo trouble again. My endometriosis has done severe damage, and it looks like I've got several cysts, and a general mess down there. So, I'm now scheduled for surgery on March 31st. Not yay. But surgery would be a good decision considering the pain I'm in all the time.
And because of the stress of thinking about surgery, I'm having a LOT of neck and back pain, 'cuz I'm all tense all the time. (sounds like a radio station- "All tense, All the time")
I don't want surgery, but I'm tired of the constant pain.
So there you go.
Health news on the Sirevaags.

No comments: