Saturday, July 01, 2006

Three Weird Things

Okay, so three weird things have happened in my life since I moved away from Texas... (of course there are many more, but these are the ones i'd never have guessed...)

First- I play djembe. That's an African hand drum for you that don't know. It's a little bit less than three feet high and has a low mellow tone. We've used it in worship and I'm really quite good now. Not fantastic, not sure that I'm ready for Stomp or anything. But good.

Second- I paint. And people I trust tell me I'm very good. My sister and my Dad were always the painters, the artsy types in our family. I was always singing, and reading and doing plays. I ended up taking a beginning painting class at the University so that I'd have something to do to keep from going bonkers during the winter and I loved it. I don't have any pictures of my stuff yet, but I will.

Third- I sing... Not that I didn't before, but I trust myself now. Working with my husband and his ear has made me a much better musician. I sing harmonies now, which I really hated before. I love leading worship and am confident in my ability to do so. (or at least confident in God's ability to use anything, and Jake's ability to cover any mistake I make. :)

No comments: