Sunday, June 25, 2006

Things I will miss when we move from Alaska

Midnight sun in the summer
seeing Fairbanks grow and change
friends from high school and college
our house
leaving my Dad's truck
watching the seasons change
breakup (the snow and ice melting)
the mountains
driving Chena ridge
no traffic (takes 15 - 20 minutes to get to the other end of town)
our church
our library (the most user friendly library system I've worked with,
including the Seattle system and the Fort Worth one)
no library fines for late books!
my daughters attending the same schools I did
knowing the teachers they would have had, 'cuz I went to high school with them
70's F in June and July
Fairbanks casual dress
taking my shoes off at the door when I go into anybody's home
knowing so much of the town and being familiar with the names (oh, you're so and so's brother)
walking in my neighborhood and feeling safe

No comments: