Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday Smiles

On Saturdays I post about a couple of things that have made me smile over the last week.
*****

1) A week of No Expectations!
Okay, so I LOVED being at camp and teaching drama, but wow.  I came home exhausted, and I'm finally rested after this week.  I didn't have many appointments, and we skipped Farmer's Market on Wednesday so I am feeling lazy and rested.

2) My girls have had sibling bliss for most of the week.
Deborah & Abigail have had very few arguments and have played well together most of this week. I'm loving it.  I can't tell if it's a left-over from camp or just growing up, but they are getting along.  We've all enjoyed the peace and quiet.

3) Bead Creativity
I've had a lot of fun making new things this week.  I need to take pictures of the new material, but I'm delighted with the amount I've gotten done and the fact that they are pretty and that they worked.  I completed about ten pieces this week and I like them, which doesn't always happen.  Sometimes when I'm done with a piece, I'm just glad to be done with it.
I was talking to my sister this week about the fact that I don't do the same thing over and over and over because I get bored very quickly.  I like to try and make something completely different every time.
No, I don't achieve a wonderful and unique piece every time I start something, but I don't want to do the same thing over and over.  I don't know how artists can do it!  I know that we have to eat, but I made about five forget-me-not necklaces and I was done.  I never wanted to make any more again.  I might actually be in a place where I'm willing to do some more soon, but then again...

No comments: