Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fun Day- Two Finished Pieces

One of my leaf bracelets

To create the leaf component:

I softened the copper with the torch, and textured it with a hammer. Then I ran it through the rolling mill with the leaves. Next I sawed around the leaves, and filed smooth the edges. Finally, I drilled the holes on the sides, and formed it to the proper shape.


When I got it home from the metal-smithing workshop I chose some lovely blue glass beads and braided the little strands all together.


Balance Pendant

The pendant is created with bluestone, silver, copper and nickel silver.

First, I textured the copper by hammering and folding it. Then I cut out each oval and filed them smooth. Next, I soldered all the pieces together. After soldering, I added the letters and used liver of sulphur to patina the metals. Finally, I slipped the bluestone cabachon into place, and burnished the setting.










When I got the pendant home I was delighted to discover I already had some lovely bluestone rounds to match the cab.

I created some bluestone links, found some fabulous chain and beaded it up. I'm very pleased with the end result.







3 comments:

Susan Stevenson said...

Beautiful! Your designs are awesome!

becca said...

Thank you! =)

becca said...

Follow up on 9/5/11:

All of my leaf bracelets are gone-
Sold within a couple weeks of them going out on the table. I think I've got one more component and I think I'm going to try and save it for our Christmas bazaars.

The pendant and necklace sold 2 weeks ago. They finally found their home! =)