Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Proust Quiz

Interesting quiz. Passed on from Robert
Another FaceBook thing.
****
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
my family, music, around a campfire, singing songs

2. Which living person do you most admire?
My mom- My father was so terribly sick for so long before he passed away, I can't believe all she gave up to take care of him. Years. Her health. Peace. Even with all that I believe she only regrets not being able to do more for him...

3. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
having it all, being wealthy.

4. What is your greatest extravagance?
BEADS! I'm so horrible at trying to limit my spending...

5. What is your current state of mind?
Annoyed at myself for failing ONCE AGAIN to take care of something I badly needed to do...
Pleased that I got some stuff done today that I really needed to do...

6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
One thing? HA!
I wish I wasn't so ditzy & unorganized, I wish I got stuff done, I wish I wasn't so terribly shy, I wish I had more energy, I wish I wasn't a procrastinator, I wish I wasn't so negative, I wish I went to bed at a normal time, I wish I was there more for my girls and my husband...

7. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Making the decision to stay home with my girls- it's the hardest thing I've ever done. I MISS teaching, and doing drama. I know it's the right choice for them, but it's hard.

8. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
Kitty cat- in a nice warm house where I could sleep all day.

9. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Alone with no hope, no family, no friends

10. What do you most value in your friends?
just being there, time, persistence, faithfulness

11. Who are your favorite writers?
How many can I list? =)
Mercedes Lackey, Kathy Reichs, J.A. Jantz, Dean Koontz, Tamora Pierce, Andre Norton, Patricia Briggs, Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison, Dianna Wynne Jones, S.E. Hinton, Charlaine Harris, Shakespeare, Nora Roberts, Jennifer Roberson, Robert Parker, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, J.K. Rowling, Eoin Colfer, Anne McCaffrey, Ray Bradbury, Kay Hooper, Simon Green, E.M. Forster, Harper Lee, Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott, Laura Ingalls Wilder...
I think I'll stop there for right now.

12. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
The young women created by Tamora Pierce- I love how she portrays their inner fears & difficulties and still allows them to triumph over them.

13. Who are your heroes in real life?
The faithful- those who stick it out

14. What are your favorite names?
Those with meaning to them, more than 'they just sound cool'... My daughter's middle name is Mikalyn because her daddy's middle name is Mickael and my middle name is Lyn. My middle name is Lyn because my Grammy's name was Evelyn and my mom's middle name is Roylyn.

15. What is it that you most dislike?
deliberate unfairness, choosing to ignore a need

16. What is your greatest regret?
Not hearing God

17. How would you like to die?
NOT yet! I want to be there for my girls, for my family.

18. What is your greatest fear?
That I'm missing out on what God planned for me.

19. What is your most marked characteristic?
stubborn persistence

20. Where would you like to live?
Washington or Oregon

1 comment:

Lori said...

We'd love to welcome you to WA! Your mom sounds amazing... what a legacy! Have a lovely week. :)