Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday Thoughts

I normally blog about a couple of things that have made me smile over the last week, but I'm having a hard time thinking about smiley things today.  I am still thinking about the precious children shot this week, and the heroes who died to protect them.

I don't have answers, but I do know that God is loving, powerful and sovereign.  I wish that He would take our choice to do evil away.  But I cling to the idea that He knows better- that when He created us He created us to with free will and the choice to be evil rather than for us to be robots/automatons without the choice to love.  I don't know why, but He does...  And I can't see the whole picture and He can.

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother's words and I am comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in the world." 
Mr. Rogers



1 comment:

CreatingCures said...

I had never seen this quote from Mr. Rogers - love it - thanks for sharing. I live in a town neighboring Sandy Hook and my brother has been store owner in Newtown for 30+ years, the stories of 'helpers' in the community has been amazing. Be well ~~T