Tuesday, July 20, 2010

NEW JOB!!!

Big news!!!!

I have been hired to do piece-work for Judie Gumm! http://www.judiegumm.com/
She creates beautiful nature-inspired silver jewelry.

She is at a place in her career where she gets to mostly focus on design. (A wonderful place to be.) Her primary work is done with silver castings. She creates her molds and then sends them out to have the casting created. They come home, and have to be put together into the lovely pieces you see on her site.

That's where I will come in. I'll be taking her cast pieces, and putting them together into jewelry.

And that's the other thing that has been making me BUSY.
Here are two examples of the trial work I have done for them:
The dolphin earrings come home with the little dolphin circle separate- I added the earring hook, and the pearls.
The acorn necklace comes home as just the little gold acorn cap. I slip the pearl into the cap, attach it to the chain, and then attach the clasp to the end of the chain.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Congratulations. Sounds like a good job, to be hired to do what you love to do... great!

Susan Stevenson said...

I'm so excited for you! I own several of Judie Gumm's pieces and love her work. :)

Good for you!

Susan