Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fun Day- Phoenix Necklace

I twisted wire, pearls, crystals, carnelians, and moss agate together to create my Phoenix Necklace. I love the glow and amazing diversity of the carnelians! Each one was completely different from the others. My favorite elements were the sparkly fire opal Swarovski crystals (of course) with the pearls running a close second; however, this piece was fun to create from beginning to end. Every element was a joy to choose and place within the over-all design.

When I found the leaf focal point, I immediately thought of the Phoenix myth- a beautiful bird burns fiercely and is reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix arises, reborn anew to live again.
I wish my skills as a photographer equaled the beauty of the carnelians and the amazing depth within the moss agate. I am growing in my photography skills, but I've got to grow faster!













No comments: