Friday, August 17, 2012

Saturday Smiles

On Saturday I post about a couple of things that have made me smile over the last week.
****

1) Pearl wire necklaces!


I like making these necklaces for many reasons.  I love working with the wire and quality pearls, the necklaces are lovely and sell well.  I also enjoy the fact that I have improved in my ability to making them.
The funnest part is making sure that each of them looks different.  I use different leaves and glass sparkles to create a slightly different mood with each pieces, while still maintaining the basic simplicity of the design.  At first I wasn't making the earrings but specific customers have asked, so I have started making something just in case a customer asks.

2) School starts in four days!
My girls go back to school next Tuesday, and I'm delighted, thrilled, ecstatic, even a little joyful.  Even though I hate to see summer dwindle away, I am ready to turn my children over to the keeping of the school district.  They have been at loose ends these last weeks and demanding more entertaining.  I'm ready for them to be entertained and learn and see their school friends.

3) Re-working necklaces
I've continued the process of remaking all the wire necklaces into new pieces.

This necklace used to be a circle of wire, but I've taken the central portion of the necklace and turned it into a large pendant.  I'm really pleased with these new/old pieces.  I've had many of them for a couple of summers and they needed a face-lift.  Hanging them on wire gives them more flexibility in length and a little more durability.
It's fun to re-imagine these pieces, and I'm so happy to see them looking good.


No comments: