Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Soup!

As part of Lori's Bead Soup Blog Party, I have been matched with the fabulously talented Rose Binoya of Ahtee's Blog.  Rose creates lovely and intricate wire pieces, such as this:

And this:
Beautiful, just beautiful.  I love twisting wire into jewelry, but I do not have the patience to do the intricate weaving and tension work involved in Rose's wire art.  I had seen the pendant in Jewelry Affaire, the magazine, and had fallen love with the copper twisting and the wonderful wire wrap around the central turquoise bead.  And then I get paired up with Rose by Lisa!  Pretty cool.

Rose sent me a wonderful soup to work with for the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party.  I'm excited and nervous.


I love that key hole focal, but I have no idea how I am going to use it...  I've never worked with a focal piece that's wide and short!  I've got some ideas percolating, and I've worked on some drawings.  I hope my ideas work out, 'cuz I'm not sure what I'll do if they don't!
I'm envisioning some polymer clay, some metal work... 



Me and sparklies are so closely entwined I should have been a raven.  I've never met a sparkly I didn't fall passionately in love with, so those glass crystals have found a home where they will be adored.  I love using Lucite flowers in my wire-work, and am looking forward to seeing what I can do with those new shapes.  I've never worked with the cute little four petal flowers.

Isn't that button clasp great?  Beth and I have just started playing around with the idea of buttons as wired clasps.  I'm in love with these clasps and am looking forward to creating a home for this one.

Check back in on Saturday, August 25th for the reveal!  I expect to reveal something fabulous and fun.

No comments: