Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tanana Valley Farmer's Market

This is the third weekend in a row that Beth and I have talked about and planned on selling at Farmer's Market and then NOT GONE. Today I didn't hear my alarm clock. Last weekend it looked like it would rain. The weekend before that we just didn't have our act together.

What's wrong with us?

I think it's more than it appears. I'm not sure what's going on with us. I've been working consistently and making stuff and excited about going. I think we're both dreading the amount of work it takes to do the set up and tear down. But it's worth it! Financially and socially and creatively. We really enjoyed Farmer's Market.

This last month has been sheer torture/hell- With Jake so sick, and the end of Deborah's pre-school, and NO paychecks and them shutting off Jake's insurance.... I'm realizing that the stress we've been dealing with makes it very hard to step out of our comfort zone- and yes, we've done Farmer's Market enough to know what's going on. But it still involves an effort.
*****
God please help us get there. We need the money, we need the affirmation, we need the work. Please remind us of the fun we had, and the pleasure we took in the relationships and Market community.

No comments: